Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"Big Brother 8," Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2007

After the obligatory recap, it’s Day 55 in the "Big Brother" house.

Zach, who’s been nominated for eviction, along with Amber, says, "Jessica flat out told me straight to my face with like without a grin or anything that she could trust me. That was just a bold face lie. If she could trust me, then why did she put me up. If I get a chance to get her back, hell yeah, she’ll get it."

"I really believe I’m safe," Amber says. "And I know that God is looking out for me. If you worry, it just shows doubt in God’s eyes and it makes Him upset and I don’t want to do that, so I believe in Him and I know that I will be here next week." Don’t count your houseguests before their evicted, Amber honey.

"My alliance is rolling through the house, like a steamroller," says Dick. Rollin’, rollin’, rollin’ … keep that alliance rollin’ … head ‘em up, move ‘em out, head ‘em up, move ‘em out. Sorry, that just popped in my head and I had to share. Dick continues, "It couldn’t be going any better, it couldn’t be going any better." My only question is: Could it be going any better?

Daniele says, "This week, Jessica did not nominate me or my Dad. Of course, you can’t really trust anybody 100 percent. I definitely learned that in this house. There’s always that fear, you never know what’s going to happen. You’re living in ‘Big Brother,’ a house of lies and deceit." And, in some cases, really bad hair days. (Yes, Dick, I mean you.)

Amber prays to God to help her. "God, I’m not going to get myself all worked up," she says. Yeah, right, Amber. I believe that. But, I also believe in the Easter Bunny.

We switch to Daniele and Zach talk while Zach’s in the shower. (No, you don’t see anything). Zach says he’s in bad shape if he doesn’t get the Power of Veto. "Deep down inside, I feel like I’m playing on shaky ground right now. So I don’t know really where I stand in everybody." OK, "Big Brother" producers, did we REALLY need to see or hear Zach gargling?

Jameka says she is surprised by Jessica’s nominations, and she didn‘t want it to be Amber. She says in the Diary Room, "I would like to think that Amber is not the target this week. That Jess’s intention is to backdoor probably Daniele should anyone win the Power of Veto that can use it." She tells Jessica, Daniele and Eric, "POV is going to be brutal."

Jameka tells Amber that she can’t find anything from Jessica and that Jessica is not talking about backdooring anyone. Jameka tells Amber that if the nominations stay the same, Zach will be the one to be evicted.

We see Eric and Jessica laying together on a double-sized lawn chaise. Eric asks her, "Did you ever think you’d come to the house and find yourself a 5’7 Jewish boy from New York that would just touch you the way I have? Jessica says no. Jessica, you lie like a bad toupee. You know that’s the only reason you came on this show.

Eric says to her they’re in "big trouble" because "eventually, I mean, we’re just not going to be able to resist each other. Outside of here, we probably would be actually married by now."

In the Diary Room, Jessica confides, "I definitely see wedding bells in our future." I could see them too. But I also see little green men from time to time.

Alone in the HOH room, on her knees by the bed, Jameka is praying and crying and giving thanks to God for being able to stay another week in the "Big Brother" house.

In the Diary Room, Jessica says, "At first, I thought Jameka had maybe fallen and hurt herself, but, she said she was PRAYING." (Of note: the shirt Jessica is wearing in the Diary Room says, "I’m too pretty to work." I know the feeling.) We see Jameka has cried on Jessica’s bedspread. Well, it’s more sturdy than tissues.

Jessica tells Daniele that even though she doesn’t talk about it in the house a lot, she is "like way into Church, too."

Zach talks to Jessica alone in the HOH room. "Personally, I mean, you putting me up, I’m not happy about it, obviously, because no one wants to be. I didn’t even see it coming, to be honest. And now that I see it, I’m like, ‘Well, that makes sense.’"Zach probably wouldn’t see a train hurtling towards him at 100 mph, either. Zach hints at backdooring either Dick or Daniele.

In the Diary Room, Jessica says, "Eric and I have an agreement with Dick and Daniele, but I don’t trust them AT ALL. Oh, God, it would be so good to get one of them out this week!"

After the commercial break, we see Amber and Daniele’s trip to "The Power of 10." We see that Nick was flown in to support Daniele if she wound up further in the competition. As she’s watching, Daniele’s wiping away tears. And what a frown Zach has as he’s watching! He says in the Diary Room, "Oh, yeah, I’m jealous that I didn’t get a chance to go on this trip. I mean, what a great opportunity."

Says Dick, "I was very surprised that Amber blew Daniele out like that. Amber’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer, man."

Daniele said the hardest part was not knowing who was there to support her. "Oh ,I hate this house," she says, as she wipes away tears.

Jessica and Eric get cozy in the HOH bed. And they kiss and whisper sweet nothings into each other’s ear. Now, where did I put that air sickness bag?

After the commercial break, it’s time to pick players for the Veto Competition by a random draw. Jessica picks Daniele, Zach gets Houseguest’s Choice and picks Eric, and Amber picks Jameka.

In the Diary Room, "Jameka has my back and she has my best interests in mind. You know, if it’s in God’s plan, she will fight and try to win and take me off the block."

Dick will be the host of the Veto Competition.

Zach talks to Eric about the possibility of getting either Dick or Daniele to go.

In the Diary Room, Eric says, "I certainly think that Zach made some compelling arguments about the threat that Dick and Daniele pose in this house. We have now had TWO definitive opportunities to get rid of them. And we could have wiped them out. We chose not to. They need to go." I need to go, too … to bed. Actually, I needed to go to bed two hours ago. But, here I sit. My philosophical question of the day: If a nearly comatose blogger fell over in his chair in an empty room, would it make a sound?

It’s now time for the Veto Competition. Who thinks up these competitions? The backyard was transformed, says Jessica, into "a swampy, like spider webby, gross forest."

There is a cat face set up. To win the Power of Veto, each houseguest has to stand on a tree stump. The cat will say a word or a phrase. The word or phrase is the answer to a riddle that can be found on a rat hidden in the swamp. They have to find a rat with the correct answer on it and bring it back to the cat. The last one back will be eliminated. The last player standing will win the Power of Veto. (I loved this game when I was a kid. It beat Duck, Duck, Goose by a mile.) The houseguests are eliminated in the following order: Jessica, Jameka, Daniele, Zach and Amber. Eric wins the Power of Veto. Zach lifts Eric off the ground in triumph.

In the Diary Room, Daniele says, "I don’t understand why Eric and Zach would have been hugging after the veto. It doesn’t really make sense. It is possible that Jessica, Eric and Zach have a side deal." Or maybe Zach just really likes Eric’s aftershave.

After the commercial break, it’s time for the results of the last "America’s Player" poll: Eric has to kiss the houseguest America has chosen for him. Eric guesses Evel Dick, but we find out America has voted for …. Jessica. Oh, come on! How easy is THAT?

Eric gives Jessica a brief kiss on the lips, and we see the words "Task completed (barely)" on the screen. Made me laugh. (Delirium does that to me.)

Amber rambles to Eric about the veto. I’m not even going to try to transcribe that. In short, she’s concerned. Get it? Got it? Good. Enough said.

Alone with Eric, Jessica tells Eric she’s worried about going with Dick and Daniele. Eric tells her he’s looking at the way to get to the Final Four. (Eric, it’s just a jump to the left … and a step to the right ….no, wait, that’s "The Time Warp" from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show.")

Says Jessica in the Diary Room, "There’s definitely a possibility that Eric has a secret agenda, and I wouldn’t put it past him. If he really cared and wanted to do exactly what I thought, he would use the Power of Veto."

After the commercial break, Daniele says in the Diary Room, "I wouldn’t be shocked if Eric used the Power of Veto and Jessica replaced one of the nominations with me or my Dad. I would just feel like an idiot."

It’s time for the veto meeting, and the two nominees get a chance to speak. Amber basically says she’d love for Eric to use the Power of Veto on her.

Says Zach, "I, like all of you, am one of seven people still standing here. (Actually, Zach, you’re the only one standing right now.) Granted you won the Power of Veto this week. You have the power to make a decision. Whatever decision you make, I’m willing to live with it."

Eric says, "I took the opportunity to speak with each of the six with you this week. Everyone told me that there are clear and present threats and dangers to my safety and their to own safety in this house." Could it be asbestos? Carbon monoxide? Oh, wait, he’s talking about the houseguests. Please continue, Eric. "But my personal opinion is that I view each and every one of you as very serious threats to me and the Head of Household this week. It’s coming down to the end, one of us is going to win. They say to expect the unexpected …" and Eric chooses not use the Power of Veto.

Amber says, "It’s a cowardly move. It’s a selfish move. Eric is a power-hungry person. He’s evil. He’s got no soul. I’m definitely fighting to stay. I want to be here more than anybody in this house."

Zach says, "I’m completely dumbfounded that he did not use the Power of Veto. He just made the game harder and stacked the odds against him in this game. I’m not done yet. I’m not going down without a fight."

Jessica says it’s not good when she and Eric disagree on strategy. "But, I can’t have a rift between Eric and I because I don’t want us to be stuck fighting for ourselves when we can still use each other to advance in the game."

"America," says Eric, "I know you guys wanted Amber nominated for the second straight week. So, I did not use the veto. Let’s keep her up there. And now you have the choice to send her home if you like."

We learn the next episode of "Big Brother" will be shown late night Thursday at 1:35 a.m. I’ve got news for you, blog readers: Don’t expect to look here at 3 a.m. for a blog entry, because you won’t find it. Don’t look at 4 a.m. either. Not even at 5 a.m. I’ll try to post the next blog entry sometime Friday night. (As long as I remember to set the VCR before I go to bed …) I really hate when they do this.

And, finally, it’s the America’s Player question: Which of one of the two nominees do you want Eric to get evicted from the "Big Brother" house?" Go for Amber, Eric. Please.

No comments: