Sunday, August 19, 2007

"Big Brother 8," Sunday, Aug. 19, 2007

After last week's recap and we see Dustin being evicted, we begin in the Diary Room with, here’s a shocker, a tearful Amber. "I’m just so, like, shocked. (Fine, steal my word, Amber). I know me and Dustin were a strong pair. I knew people were going to eventually come after us. I just didn’t think like this. Now I have nobody." She says more, but I have no idea what she’s saying due to all the sobbing. I think I’m going to start investing in tissues.

On the other side of the spectrum, we see a jubilant Dick in the diary room. "Oh, my, God! Wow! Who would have ever thunk it, that I would still be here. Especially with my BEHAVIOR earlier this week, to get myself kicked out?" Yes, he actually DID say "thunk." I can’t make this stuff up, guys. Well, I could, but I didn’t.

And we also hear from Jessica on Dustin’s eviction : "I was kind of sad to see Dustin go because I really liked him personally. I had a lot of fun with him. But, I was able to get Dustin out without really getting my hands dirty. Strategically, I wasn’t sad to see him go at all."

It’s now …drum roll please … Day 48 in the "Big Brother" house.

"America, I feel GREAT about what transpired this week," says Eric, who if you’ve forgotten, is "America’s Player." (C’mon, how could you forget? I remind you every episode …) "We got Dustin not only nominated, but out of this house and the blood is on our hands, and I gotta say, it feels good." Eric, maybe you should get some advice from Jessica on how not to get your hands so dirty.

"I’m absolutely ecstatic that my Dad’s still here. It’s funny that the two most hated people in the house were up on the block against each other and yet both of us are still here," Daniele said. I’m wondering how that happened, too, Daniele.

Eric then goes to Jameka and apologizes and tells her that it was a group decision to evict Dustin., and was not directed at Jameka. "The game has totally shifted," says Jameka. "People that I thought I could trust, I can’t trust. Nothing makes sense … nothing makes sense." Rank that right up there with geometry, why people drive on a parkway and park on a driveway, and why I have to drink a Monster energy drink right before bedtime.

We go back to Amber who--you guessed it--is still crying. "I got so played and like it’s so hard for me to, you know, to deal with that, ‘cause like in this game like I haven’t tried to play anybody, and maybe I need to start trying. I don’t know what to do, I’m so confused!" Maybe you need to start trying some anti-depressants, Amber, honey.

In the Diary Room, Jameka says if there’s a person to blame, it’s Eric. "Which is so unfortunate, because last week, Dus was the determining vote, and he went to bat for Eric … It’s just a ridiculous, confusing situation." Almost as confusing as me waking up trying to remember if it’s Sunday or Monday and whether or not I can go back to bed.

Amber says, "I just need to pull it together. I can’t let Dustin being gone make it worse for me, it has to make it better. If he could talk to me right now, I know he would tell me, ‘Step it up, be strong, and be all I can be,’ you know, because I’m still here." Thanks, Amber, now I have the commercial for the Army stuck in my head. ("Be … all that you can be …. In the ar-ar-my!" Just figured I’d share it with all of you. Why should I be the only one to have it in my head?)

We find out why Amber lost the HOH competition: "When she asked if there were seven cards on his hat, I knew there were six. Seven’s my lucky number and I just hit true, thinking like, ‘Oh, my God, seven’s my lucky number! Yes!" So THAT’S why she lost. At least I’ll be able to sleep better now, having that resolved.

We learn Daniele is the first person in the house to get HOH for the second time.

Says Dick, "It’s all good in the Big Brother Hood. Daniele’s HOH. We both have another week in the house. This is like storybook, isn’t it?" Just better hope a big, bad wolf doesn’t come along and huff, and puff, and blow your "Big Brother" house down, Dick.

Amber says the only person she has in the house she can trust is Jameka. "But I know people in the house have seen me and her have gotten closer and that puts a target on our back." Duck and cover, girls, duck and cover.

Says Eric, "Jessica and I simultaneously took a huge risk and we aligned ourselves up with Dick and Daniele and that risk has paid dividends immediately."

Eric and Jessica are talking about who Daniele’s going to put up when Daniele comes over and says, "I don’t mean to interrupt, I just want to tell you guys that you guys are suckers and you guys are going up … and you laugh now, but I’m serious," she says jokingly. Oh, Daniele, you’re such a card!

Alone, Dick and Daniele are talking and Dick is just a little bit excited he’s still lurking around the "Big Brother" house.

Jessica goes to talk with Jameka, and later explains in the Diary Room, "I really like Jameka, and I really trust her, and even though Jameka cannot compete for HOH, she’s still a vote in the house, and, so, I wanted to keep that close bond with her, even though I went off and did a side thing without her." Jessica and Jameka talk about the voting, and Jameka was told by Eric that they had discussed it as a group. Jameka asks Jessica if she was sure Eric wasn’t in any other side deals. Jessica counters: "I would disown him so fast if he did that." Jameka is suspicious and says something’s not adding up.

It’s time to see Daniele’s HOH room. We see a really bad picture of Dick, Daniele and her brother at her brother’s graduation. "It was like the picture of really bad hair. All of us. This is one of the pictures that you look back and go, ‘Oh, my God!’" We learn that, in addition to Jessica, Daniele’s not a natural blonde, either.

Looking around the Daniele’s HOH room, Zach later notes he didn’t see any pictures of Daniele’s boyfriend. But, there IS a letter from Nick.

"Not only does she receive a letter from Nick," says Eric, "but it’s some sort of scrapbooked album. He’s an oversized, you know, enormous scary, scary man and he makes some glitter hearts and sparkles on it, and, you know, get out his best highlighters to accentuate it. I mean, it looked like something a 13-year-old girl would have concocted."

Daniele goes to talk to Amber. Amber says she’s not going to tell Daniele what to do. Daniele doesn’t know what she’s going to do yet. Yeah, yeah, sure you don’t.

In the Diary Room, Daniele says, "On a personal level, for the situation that Amber’s in, I’m there for her. But, strategically, it does not change my opinions of Amber at all."

After the commercial break, Amber has stopped crying long enough to wanting to know what the word "charismatic" means. Then we see a several scenes where Amber doesn’t know definitions of certain words. (Some examples: "ridicule," "superficial," "integrity," "backdoor" and "outed.") I don’t have enough space to continue with all of them. But, hey Amber, do you know what the word "idiot" means?

Says Dick, "I would be surprised if her vocabulary is above her 8-year-old daughter. Honestly."

Amber and Eric talk about his voting Dustin out. He tells her it wasn’t planned and he never made a deal with anybody at any time, ever, in this game. Amber doesn’t know where she stands with Eric and Jessica. "I feel like you guys will turn your back on me at any moment." Welcome to "Big Brother," Amber. Amber says they should all sit down and see if they still have a group.

In the Diary Room, Amber says, "I got, you know, weaseled by this group. I’ll play it up, like, ‘Oh, I understand, Eric. Oh, I’m not mad.’ And, that’s fine. I can forgive, but I don’t forget."

We then see the houseguests playing beer pong. What, you may ask, is beer pong? "For those who have never had that dorm living experience, what beer pong essentially is is you line up 10 cups in a pyramid, you fill each one with a little bit of beer, and you toss something into it. The object is to clear the other team’s cups by landing your shots into the cups."

They start wagering on the beer pong games. Eric loses a wager where he has to wear women’s size small "booty shorts." "It was disturbing," says Eric, "it was a sight for sore eyes." I’m just glad I was wearing my "shades" at the time, Eric.

Then Jessica and Eric had to swap clothing. It looks like Eric’s enjoying wearing Jessica’s dress. "Eric has very long, slender legs, and so he filled the dress out very nice."

Jameka and Amber talk to Dick in private. Dick says the crown and cape Dustin wore didn’t go over well with anyone in the house. Dick calls Dustin an "idiot" when he learns he volunteered to go against Dick on the block.

When Dick leaves, Amber and Jameka figure out Dick, Daniele, Eric and Jessica taking each other to the "final four."

During the commercial break, there’s a promo for "Survivor" China," which premieres Thursday, Sept. 20. Woohoo!

OK, sorry, back to "Big Brother 8" …

After the commercial break, they all get dressed in togas for the food competition.

Says Zach, "It’s going to sound self-centered here, but I think I look the best in the toga, to be honest. My arms looked GREAT."

For the food competition, it looks like it’s going to be …. beer pong.

The houseguests split up into two teams of four, with a red team and blue team.

But, it’s not exactly beer pong, but … slop pong. One at a time, they have to throw their giant ping pong ball towards the cups on the opposite side of the net. If the ball lands inside one of the cups, that cup gets closed and they no longer have to shoot at it. If they close all 10 cups first and the team will eat for the week. The losing team will be on slop for the week. If both teams can get a ball into their "FEAST" cup, before the game ends, the entire house will get a feast later in the week.

Fast-forward a bit, and the score is tied 9 to 9. Yes, bloggers everywhere, it’s a nail-biter!

Says Dick, "Eric had not made a shot the whole game. ‘Where are you, man, where are you? Are you in here?’ Maybe your headband’s too tight." However, Eric comes through in the clutch and makes the final, winning shot.

The Red Team wins with a score of 10 to 9. And both teams get to feast.

When the houseguests return inside from the game, they find … and this is the moment I’ve been waiting for … the huge eating table has gotten smaller. (I swear, I really have been waiting for this. You know, it’s just the little things in life that get me all choked up …)

Says Daniele, "The table itself just makes me feel how I still can’t get away from these people no matter what. All the walls are closing in on me and I have to be so close to people I don’t want to be close to … but it has really sunk in that, you know, we’re halfway through the game and every week we’re closer and closer and closer to the final two." And, most importantly, she wants to know, "How are we going to play beer pong?" Carefully, Daniele, very carefully.

After the commercial break, Jessica talks about Julie asking her if she has a crush on Eric. "I just said, ‘I really have a good time with Eric every day and he’s a lot of fun, but I’m just focusing on the game right now." Then we see a snippet of what she REALLY said to Julie: "Who knows? Maybe when we get out of the house there might be something."

Jen and Daniele talk about what Daniele’s thinking about doing this week as far as nominations. In the Diary Room, Daniele says, "Jen’s a competitor and every time Jen has been on the block, she has gotten off. I do not trust that girl, at all." Me either. So there.

It‘s time for the results of the "America’s Player" poll: Which houseguest should Eric get nominated? America chooses Amber. "Oh, I love America. I feel great about this choice, and it should be nice and easy to bury Amber and have her sitting in that seat that was left vacant by her buddy, Dustin." Make sure you throw in plenty of Kleenex when you bury her, Eric.

Eric goes to talk to Daniele and Dick about getting Amber nominated. "Let’s just make this a weepfest all week," says Eric.

In the Diary Room, Daniele says she doesn’t trust Eric at all.

And, now, it’s time for this week’s "America’s Player" question: To whom should Eric give this childhood Woobie?" I’m voting to have Eric give it to Jessica. Something tells me she’ll just love it.

After the commercial break, it’s time for the Nomination Ceremony.

Says Amber, "I can honestly say that I’m really, really, really nervous. I really think that I’m going to be going up on the block for the simple fact that I get along with everyone and she probably doesn’t want to be sitting next to me in the final two."

"I do believe anything can still happen at this point, but you know, I could potentially go on the block, it’s just not a good feeling right now and it’s not a good position to be in," Jameka says.

Says Daniele, "Now with the numbers shrinking and shrinking, everyone in this house is going to be in the Jury House if they’re not in the Final Two, and you know, and I want to make sure I know what I’m doing from the beginning and I want to be happy when somebody walks out the door on Thursday." Don’t worry, Daniele, be happy. (Yes, another song to get stuck in your heads …)

"For whatever reason, I am believing Dick and Daniele and I honestly feel quite confident. We saved them, the least they could do is pay us back for one week," says Eric.

Says Daniele, "It’s been too long that people have been in this house doing nothing and I don’t think that certain people deserve to win this game."

At the Nomination Ceremony, Daniele says she has been playing this game strategically, not personally, and will continue to do so. And to prove it, she doesn’t nominate Jessica, who nominated her last week.

At the end, we find Amber and Jameka are nominated for eviction

Daniele tells Amber and Jameka she doesn’t want to be sitting next to either of them in the Final Two because of the relationships they have built with everyone in the house.

Jameka says, "I just feel like, you know, everything happens for a reason. I feel like everything is already ordained as to, you know, whose going to win the game and Jameka tries to do things that will make God smile on a daily basis."

Says Amber, "I’m not worried with being on the block this week. If everything pans out as God’s told me it’s going to, you know, I’m going to win POV tomorrow and Jameka and me will be in the final two, I just know it."

But here’s where we learn a little secret from Daniele, who says, "Jen is actually the real target. She is probably one of the biggest competitors in this game. So, she definitely is a threat. I’d rather take her out now while I can."

We’ll we know Daniele’s not going to nominate Dick, and besides, he was pretty low-key tonight (in comparison to last week, anyway), so I’m agreeing with Daniele to get Jen out of the house.

Will Daniele’s plan work out? Will I (as well as the rest of America) be pleased with the results? Will Batman and Robin nab Catwoman before she commits another felonious felony? (Sorry, couldn’t resist … ) Tune in Tuesday … same "Big Brother" Tuesday time, same "Big Brother" channel!

No comments: