Thursday, January 31, 2008

“Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines”

OK, gang, truth be told, I don’t remember much about this one, except of course for the theme song, which I’ve gotten stuck in the void that is my head. (“Stop the pigeon … stop the pigeon …”).

Vague memories of the show, which originally ran in 1969, came back as I watched the clips. Of course, I remembered the sinister Dick Dastardly and his sidekick dog, the snickering Muttley.

According to what I found on imdb.com, the cartoon was set in World War I, and focused on Dastardly, Muttley and their Vulture Squadron trying to seize Yankee Doodle Pigeon to stop him from bringing messages to the enemies.

Paul Winchell provided the voice of Dick Dastardly, as well as The General, and Don Messick provided the voices of Muttley, Klunk and Zilly.

You can check out the opening to “Dastardly & Muttley in Their Flying Machines” on YouTube.com:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUb761oGt4g

For more details, go to imdb.com:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063889/

No comments: