Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Get ready for another season of "American Idol"!

Fasten your seatbelts and get the earplugs ready, gang: Another season of "American Idol" is upon us!

I have to confess I wasn't a watcher of "American Idol" when it first started. I only started watching closely about two seasons ago.

My favorites from last season? Definitely Melinda Doolitte. And also Nadia Turner.

And, for a good month, I was sporting my own "Sanjayahawk." OK, I'm pulling your leg on that one. (I also sell bridges in my spare time).

And, of course, it's another season of Randy, Simon and Paula (For some reason, I always want to replace their names with the Chipmunks' names--Alvin, Simon and Theodore,)

I'm anxious to see how long it takes for the judges to get on my nerves. While I adore Paula (she's forever my girl), Randy Jackson just irritates me. I'm thinking about counting how many times he says, "Yo yo, dawg, check it out" or "Dude, it was a little pitchy for me. Real pitchy in spots." As for Simon, I'd like to see HIM get up there and perform. Just once.

I'll be commenting regularly on the Home News Tribune's "American Idol" forum, and occasionally cover for my colleague, Bill Canacci. (Notice how I used "cover for" instead "PITCH in," Randy.

I'm looking forward to reading what everybody's got to say about this season of "American Idol." I've created Idol Chatter as my name on the forum. So, don't let Bill and I do all the typing! Be sure to post and join in the discussion.

Tonight's show runs from 8 to 10 p.m. on FOX.

You can find the Home News Tribune's “American Idol 2008” forum by going to: http://forums.thnt.com/viewforum.php?f=227

No comments: