Friday, January 18, 2008

"Moonlighting"

It’s 10 p.m.-ish … do you know where your blog is?

Well, gang, at 2 p.m. today, I officially hit writer’s block. (Or would that be blogger’s block?)

So, I figured I’d postpone the blog until later. Well, now it’s later.

I’ve just woken up from my usual Friday night crash and burn, and I’ve just popped a “Moonlighting” DVD into he machine.

The show originally aired from 1985 to 1989. I haven’t watched these in quite a long time. I’m starting with the pilot. (Makes sense, doesn’t it?).

Madelyn “Maddie” Hayes (played by Cybill Shepherd), a former model (she was the Blue Moon Shampoo Girl), finds herself in financial dire straits. She winds up teaming up with David Addison Jr. (Bruce Willis), who is now running one of her businesses, which they rename the Blue Moon Detective Agency.

One of my favorite characters was the poetic secretary Ms. Agnes DiPesto (played by Allyce Bealey).

I’ll close this blog entry with the immortal words of Ms. DiPesto (from the show’s pilot episode): “Time has come to go, to pack our bags and blow, to hit the street, ‘till next we meet, until then it’s on with the show.”

For more details on “Moonlighting,” go to imdb.com:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088571/

No comments: