Sunday, August 12, 2007

Let's twist again ... and other random musings

Alright, all you faithful "Big Brother 8" blog readers out there, I officially admit it: I'm tired of this season's "twist."

Yes, I think it's great that we all get to share in the voting of the nominations and evictions, etc. But, it doesn't give Eric, "America's Player," a chance to vote the way HE wants to vote. If they're thinking about doing this kind of thing again, maybe instead of working through one of the houseguests, America could just cast their votes and be counted as an extra vote. And there's zilch in the suspense category. I thought the "twin twist" from a season or two ago, with Adrea and her twin sister (why can't I remember her name???) was much more suspenseful. Or when "Cowboy" and Nakomis found out they were related. (By the way, Evel, the red highlights in your hair can't hold a candle to Nakomis' hair color(s).) I hope there's a better twist than "America's Player" next season.

If I had to pick a favorite right now, I'd have to pick either Daniele or Jameka. I was rooting for "Evel Dick" for a while, but I'm growing tired of his getting in people's faces. We haven't let Eric act for himself, since he's "America's Player." Amber is just too darn emotional, weepy and unstable for me. Dustin's OK, except for the fact that he own's too many gray shirts. As we've seen, Zach just lumbers about. And, if you're a regular reader of this blog, and I hope you are (and if you're not ... get reading!), you all know how I feel about Jessica.

Since I'm just spouting random thoughts, I don't know how much I've talked about the "slop" factor. Before the "slop" concept, the losers of the Food Competition were placed on peanut buetter and jelly sandwiches for a week. While I'm not a fan of PB&J, I do love peanut butter. I could live on nothing else if I had to. (Well, that, barbeque chips and Dr. Pepper. Yes, I'm a gourmet eater ...) But, if I had to go a week on slop, I'd be a goner.

Just some random thoughts I figured I'd share. Michael, please keep posting. And I welcome and encourage anyone else who's reading to post their thoughts as well. See you after the show tonight./Brad

No comments: