Thursday, September 6, 2007

"Big Brother 8," Sept. 6, 2007

It’s Day 69, and it’s a double-eviction night, yes, it’s "Big Brother" fast-forward. A full week’s game will be played in an hour … I’m going to need a double mocha latte, but I guess I’ll have to settle for a couple of cans of Monster energy drinks.

We hear from the two nominees currently on the chopping block.

Jameka says, "I consider Jessica one of my good friends in the house and will I be campaigning to stay against her? Absolutely not. If that’s my demise and my downfall in this game, then so be it."

Says Jessica, "Dick and Daniele, I had the opportunity to get rid of them last week, two times, and I didn’t. And I hope that they’ll pay me back by keeping me here." You know what they say about payback, Jess, it’s a, it’s a, well, it rhymes with witch.

Dick and Daniele talk. Dick tells her Jessica has to go this week.

Dick, in the Diary room says, "This week, with mine and Daniele’s vote, the two votes out of three that are going to be cast, me and Daniele decide who goes … Jameka’s feeling a little bit too secure. I’m gonna let her know that ‘You’re going home this week so you can say your goodbyes and everything else.’ And then 10 minutes before the live show, I’m gonna to pull her aside and offer her a deal. And I’m sure she’ll take it." Well, Dick, if you don’t wind up the winner of "Big Brother 8," you could always get a job as Monty Hall.

So, Dick tells Jameka they’re going to send her to the Jury House this week. In the Diary Room, Jameka says she’s not ready to go home.

Jessica is stressing out about being on the block, but Eric reassures Jessica she’s going to be safe this week. "I feel confident that Jessica is going to be safe this week. She has nothing to worry about. Dick and Daniele are going to come through with their word." Want to make a bet on that, Eric?

It’s time for the "America’s Player" results: Which of the two nominees do you want Eric to get evicted from the "Big Brother" house. America chooses Jameka

Says Eric, "Thank God!…That is a big, big relief. If I want any chance of making it to the final two, and America making it to the final two, I need Jessica fighting this battle by my side." Yes, it’s "Eric and Jessica Save the World." Be sure to pick up your capes and cowls from the dry cleaners, Eric.

Eric asks Daniele if Jessica is going to be leaving this week, and Daniele says no. He tells Daniele he’s having a "mini-freak-out" and Daniele tells him, "Chill out, you freak!"

With the houseguests gathered in the living room, Julie tells them that it’s "Big Brother" fast-forward and there will be two evictions, and the final four will remain at the end of the night.

The two nominees get to plead their case.

Jameka says, "As I have stated before, being in this game, I have enjoyed my time here. I hope that my time here is not ending tonight. I’ve made some good decisions and not so good decisions in this game, but one thing has remained the same that I’ve given my word and once you have that, you know that’s a guarantee regardless, so with that said, I know that in this game, you know, strategic first, conversations later, so I hope that I’m still here." I hope so, too.

Jessica says, "I thought walking through the door, to find out that my rival from high school would be the hardest week ever in the house, but this has actually been the hardest week sitting next to Jameka, who I’m so close with, but if it’s my time to go, it’s my time to go, if it’s my time to stay, I’m happy with that and may the best person win."

Now time for the live vote. As Head of Household, Zach cannot vote; neither can the two nominees.

As "America’s Player," Eric votes for Jameka. Julie tells him America will still be voting tonight who they want Eric to target for eviction. After the next Head of Household competition, Julie will ask one of the houseguests to lead them all back into the house. That will be the houseguest America wants Eric to target for nominations.

Dick and Daniele vote to evict Jessica. (And I’ve just noticed how white Daniele’s teeth are.)

By a vote of 2 to 1, Jessica is evicted from the "Big Brother" house. Feel free to join me in a collective, "Wooohooo!" Woooooooohoooooooooooo! (I will definitely not miss the way she vocally strangles the word "and" in her sentences.)

After the light in his life departs the "Big Brother" house, Eric says, "I’m not surprised, I understand … The only thing is, Daniele, when I asked, you could have just told me. There was nothing we could have done to change it. That’s honestly the only complaint I have. I just asked for two days with her if I knew, you know, that she was going to go, and there was nothing we could have done to campaign or change the votes anyway, the votes were there. Either way, I would have liked to have the time and known."

Jessica talks with Julie outside the "Big Brother" house. Julie asks her why she didn’t go with her gut instinct to campaign to stay in the house.

Jessica said, "Campaigning wouldn’t do anything. I knew I couldn’t trust (Dick and Daniele) and I thought I could. Maybe it was last second, like when they realized it was going to be double eviction that they decided to get me out because I was such a strong competitor. I think they were seriously afraid of me." That’s what I think, too. Not!

Jessica talks about Eric. "I love Eric. He has been so good to me in the house, and maybe something outside of the house, who knows." She tells Julie her feelings for him were real.

Among Jessica’s goodbye messages, a choked-up Eric says, "I don’t think you know how much I need you here and how much I want you here. I am going to be a maniac for as long as I stay, fighting for your honor. Jessica, I love you!"

America votes live during the commercial break. Which houseguest do you want Eric to get nominated? If Eric is head of household, he will nominate the highest vote-getter. But if the highest vote-getter is the Head of Household, Eric will nominate the second highest vote getter. I vote to nominate Dick for eviction. (The choices are getting tougher now).

After the commercial break, it’s time for the next HOH competition, "Before or After." As current HOH, Zach is not eligible to compete. And Jameka gave up the right to compete in five weeks of HOH competitions in a prior HOH competition. This is week number 5.

In this HOH competition, Julie will name two events that occurred this summer. They must decide which came before and which came after the other. There will be eight questions. The houseguest with the highest number of correct answers will be the new Head of Household. I’ve been watching and re-watching this show religiously, and I still had trouble with the questions. Maybe I’m just not good with tests. Oh, the pressure. In the end, Evel Dick wins Head of Household.

America wants Eric to get Daniele to get nominated for eviction. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, like THAT’S going to happen with Dick as Head of Household.

After the commercial break, Dick nominates Jameka and Eric for eviction. (See, told you it wasn’t going to happen). "Sorry, it is all game," says Dick.

After yet another commercial break, it’s the Veto Competition. Niagara Balls. More than 5,000 rubber balls will pour down on them. (787 pounds of rubber raining down on them). They must collect only the green balls and stack them in a clear tube. The first houseguest to fill their tube with eight green balls and press the button on their podium will win the Power of Veto. Jameka is disqualified with a blue ball in her tube, and Jameka says she did not put that in there. Zach wins the Power of Veto.

After the commercial break, it’s time for the Veto Meeting. The two nominees get to plead their case.

Jameka says, "I just want to say that I’m not ready to go home yet. I have a lot that I feel I can still contribute to the house and I hope you take that into consideration."

Says Eric: "This house, these games, these people. Zach, I have no expectation that you’re going to use this, but vote smart guys. I have no friends on this jury, I haven’t won a competition in weeks, give me a fair chance to play this game."

Zach choses not to use the power of veto.

After yet ANOTHER commerical break, Jameka and Eric have another chance to plead their case

Jameka says, "I would like to say that being on the block this many times is not fun. It’s not something I’m enjoying. But, at the same time, it is how this game works and I understand that. I want you to not only vote in terms of who is going be the person who will further advance you in this game, but keep into consideration that I have kept my word, I’m a woman of my word, and I still stand by that."

Eric says, "Obviously I’m disappointed and surprised to be in this position right now. All I can say to the three of you the power is in your hands. If you actually run through your collective minds right now, you will see that I’ve been good to the three of you in this game. Any word I have given you I have stuck to. I had the opportunity to eliminate all three of you in this game and I chose not to because I did believe in what you were saying to me. Obviously, to some degree, that trust was breached earlier this evening, but I’ve been good to you, be good to me. Give me a fair chance."

It’s now time for the live vote: The two nominees cannot vote. In the event of a tie, Dick will break the tie.

Both Zach and Daniele vote to evict Eric

By a vote of 2-0, Eric is evicted from the "Big Brother" house

Eric says, "I’m not leaving with sour grapes." As Eric is leaving, Daniele says, "Send Jen our regards." Eric replies, "I will. Hopefully she’s dead by shark attack."

Eric, "America’s Player," says things would have unfolded very differently if he had his complete say in the matter.

Eric says his relationship with Jessica was not a "showmance." "It was genuine honest feelings. It was in no way part of my game whatsoever. It was a greatly pleasant surprise and something wonderful that I found in this house that I never expected … She was a perfect partner, tried and true. I’m just sad that my role as "America’s Player" may have compromised her position in this house, as well as being my ally."

For being "America’s Player," Eric leaves the house with $40,000 and is off to the Jury House.

As we leave the houseguests talking in the kitchen, I’m noticing the HUGE kitchen tools hanging on the wall--a potato peeler, a can opener and a whisk. I’m surprised no one has grabbed on of these and wielded them in a fit of anger. Then, again, the season’s not over yet.

No comments: