Saturday, November 10, 2007

“The People’s Court”

Oh, my God! One of my favorite shows today! (and every other day of the week! Yes, I know it’s only on Monday through Friday, but I have a lot of them on tape.) I just love Judge Marilyn Milian!

She’s everything rolled into one—she can be serious, funny, she runs her courtroom well, and pulls out a Spanish expression every now and then. (And she translates them, too!)

Although I’m glad I don’t have to be, I’d rather be in her courtroom than any other judge’s courtroom on television. Although, being the smart-aleck that I am, she’d probably kick me out of there in less than 10 minutes. I’d be giving some sort of evidence to her baliff, Douglas, and I’d say, very Judge Milian-esquely, “Thank … you … Douglas!” And I love when she decides the outcome of the case and says, “Here’s a surprise … ZERO!” and either makes the “L” sign for loser or makes a zero with her hand. That always cracks me up. (I know, it takes so little to amuse me, doesn’t it?)

I didn’t watch the series much when Judge Judy’s husband, Jerry Sheindlin, was at the bench. Didn’t like his style at all. I did watch when Judge Wapner was on the bench, but not as religiously as I do now. (As a side note, did you know Wapner’s baliff, Roy J. “Rusty” Burrell, was a bailiff during the trials of Charles Manson and Patricia Hearst?)

You can watch Judge Milian go ballistic on a defendant on YouTube.com at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnJnA_mt_UA

You go, Judge Milian.

No comments: