Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Big Brother 8": Sunday, Sept. 16, 2007

We’re getting closer and closer to the "Big Brother 8" finale … and all I can say is excuse me while I do my happy dance. It’s been a long summer.

After some recap, Dick says in the Diary Room, "In the last week, Zach turned it on, man. He went, he turned it to the limit, as high as he could turn it. I’ll give credit to where credit is due." If it was the air conditioning, can her turn it down just a little bit? I’m freezing.

Daniele, in the Diary Room, says, "According to Zach, it wasn’t fair, that we dominated it. But, life’s not fair and here we are." (I’m having a "Mommie Dearest" moment, where Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford tells Christina, "Ah, but nobody ever said life was fair!" And, don’t use wire hangers. Ever.

It’s now Day 76 in the "Big Brother" house.

In the Diary Room, Dick says, "I already won, because of my relationship with my daughter. This is a happy ending. And with me and Daniele, it’s a happy start on trying to fix a (edited out by the show) relationship."

Dick tells Daniele, "We have been the best team to ever play this game. Think about it. We’re the best team to ever play this game."

Daniele says in the Diary Room, "This summer has been so much. Honestly, there have been many points where I’ve hit rock bottom and I didn’t think it would be worth it at all. But, in the end, it IS worth it."

Dick and Daniele enjoy a celebratory meal for being the Final Two. We see scenes of Daniele and Dick hashing out their feelings. Since I’ve already hashed them out once in this blog, I’m not going to rehash them here. No one likes 76-day old rehashed hash.

Dick tells Daniele, "From going to zero communication whatsoever to 24-7 for almost three months, it wasn’t easy. The easiest part of our relationship in getting along was when we were both in jeopardy. That changed everything." We see the last episode with Dick hanging onto his key for hours as water pours down on him.

In the Diary Room, Daniele says, "Honestly, I don’t know what to expect of my relationship with my Dad once we leave the "Big Brother" house. This summer was definitely a stepping stone, so I definitely see progress, in a good way." Whatever you do, Daniele, don’t expect a pony. I really don’t think that one’s gonna happen. (Of course, if you win, Daniele, you could always buy your own pony. To copy that credit card commercial, "Making up for two years of not speaking with your father? Priceless.")

Dick, in the Diary Room, says, "One step at a time. We’re getting closer and closer and closer. And all I can do is hope that things continue on those lines."

After the commercial break, Dick tells Daniele that he thinks the people in the Jury House view Dick and Daniele as one.

Dick tells Daniele he thinks she’s going to win, and she tells him she thinks he is going to win. Dick says, "But, you didn’t attack … people personally like I did, like down to the core."

We see Dick’s interactions with the other houseguests over the past episodes.

After the commercial break, Daniele, in her bedroom says to Dick, "I’m depressed! I’ve been in this room for 76 days! I don’t wanna give it away!" Don’t worry, Daniele. Maybe the "Big Brother" producers will invite you back for an "All-Stars" episode.

We see a scene of Nick and Daniele sharing a moment in the corner of the bedroom, where he gives her the key to his heart (actually, it’s the key to his suitcase.) I wonder if anyone tried to steal his clothes.

Then Dick reminisces about Eric and Jessica. "How odd was that pairing? Jessica is gonna get out of here, go back to Kansas. She’s gonna get back to real life. There’s no way that Eric is going to moving to Kansas. I mean, Eric lives in New York City, man! Kansas? Nah. Never happening." Maybe he’ll find a pair of ruby slippers. It would make commuting to Kansas sooo much easier. Just as Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz."

Eric says in the Diary Room: "The list of pros for moving to Kansas would be, A. That Jessica lives in Kansas. B. Everything is cheaper in Kansas. C. Well, I think that’s where we actually draw the line. And then on the other hand, let’s see, the cons list for moving to Kansas would be, well … everything else."

After the commercial break, we revisit Jen’s meltdown over her picture on the wall and Dick pouring his ice tea over Jen’s head and Jen taking Dick’s cigarettes.

Daniele tells Dick, "Amber will be best remembered for crying more than every houseguest in all eight seasons of "Big Brother" put together. And, so, of course, we get a montage of Amber crying.

After the commercial break, Daniele tells Dick, "As much as there’s been drama, liars, backstabbers, scheming, there have been fun times … a couple." We see scenes of Zach streaking, Jessica and Eric swapping clothing and Eric and Jen wrestling.

Daniele says to Dick, "As much as you watch this on TV, I don’t think you would ever imagine being here doing the crazy things that we have done this summer, from jumping into pasta to watching you guys dress up like Mad Hatters." We see scenes from the "Butter Me Up" competition, the houseguests diving into pasta, and everyone disrobing in a giant pool of suds.

Daniel and Dick discuss the mysteries of the house, such as the mustard incident to the, as Dick says, "hinky votes." Regarding the mustard, Daniele thinks it was Eric, but hopes it was Nick; Dick thinks it was Nick. Regarding the "hinky votes," Daniele says Dustin and Eric, Dick thinks it was just Eric.

Dick tells Daniele, "Well, one thing for sure, that I know we’re both going to be doing, is taking a nice European vacation." Daniele says, "Not together!" Now there’s a moment that would warm every father’s heart. Dick says, "I’m doing everything I’ve wanted to do. I’m going to Scandinavia, I’m taking an African safari. I’m doing all the things that I’ve dreamed about doing …" and Daniele interjects, "How can you do all that with only $50,000?" (That’s the second-place prize.)

In the Diary Room, Daniele says, "Honestly, I never, ever thought that both of us would be sitting in the Final Two. Looking back on things that have happened this summer, I remember sitting out there telling him no money is worth this, nothing is worth everything that I’m going through. But, you make the most out of it, even when you hit rock bottom, and look where you can be. It’s absolutely, absolutely amazing." Somebody put that on a Hallmark card or something.

Dick tells Daniele, "We couldn’t have made it here without each other. Stick together, to the end, never wavering. I’m glad you’re my daughter."

In the Diary Room, Dick says, "This is like an enormous chapter in my life that I’ve wanted to live for a very, very long time. This is the dream come true. This is a happy ending. Nobody has ever done that before."

Don’t miss the live "Big Brother 8" season finale on Tuesday at 9 p.m../8 p.m. Central.

No comments: