Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Remembering "Mahna Mahna"

I was surfing around YouTube.com when I finally found it.

Mahna Mahna.

It also listed as manamana. However, I had always thought it was "monomonop." And sung it that way, too.

Whatever it's called, I'm sure I drove my family nuts as I sang it all the way as we drove from the family home in Hicksville (now, come on, where else would I be from?), Long Island to Florida.

From the show, "Sesame Street," "Mahna Manha" was a simple song sung by two girl muppets, who sang "ba-dee-ba-dee-bee" and one heavily bearded muppet who would exasperate his co-singers as he frequently embellished his "mahna mahna" part.

I've had this song stuck in my head for several days now. So, I just figured I'd share.

You can check out the muppets singing "Manha Manha" on YouTube.com at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDtXCsnMP7M

No comments: