Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The men behind the voices

There were several big mysteries during the 1970s, such as: why I couldn’t get the color on my mood ring to change when I wore it, why bellbottoms were in style, where Patty Hearst was hiding out when she was on the lam, and who were the men behind the voices of Carlton the doorman on “Rhoda” and Charlie of “Charlie’s Angels.”

The mystery of Charlie’s identity was solved much quicker than the question of Carlton’s identity. During an episode of “Charlie’s Angels,” my Dad piped in from his chair, “That’s John Forsythe!” Forsythe, of course, later stepped in front of the camera for “Dynasty,” in which he played Blake Carrington.

And I just solved the mystery of Carlton when I did an Internet search for Lorenzo Music. (I know, I’m a little bit of a procrastinator sometimes). Music was also the voice of the cartoon cat, Garfield.You can check out Lorenzo Music’s picture, which accompanied his obituary, here http://obits.eons.com/tribute/gallery/1864%3Fsection%3Dlorenzo-music-section%26category%3Dlorenzo-music&h=314&w=480&sz=30&tbnid=PH3Ktj3MBTfNMM

Check out pictures of John Forsythe at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001234/

No comments: