Monday, October 22, 2007

Having a bad hair day? Join the club!

I woke up the other day with really bad hair. So, it got me to thinking about TV character/actors/personalities with cases of really bad hair. So, without further ado, from my cluttered desk at the Courier News, with apologies to David Letterman (and most of the people on this list), here's my top 10 list of television characters/actors/personalities with bad hair ...

10. (tie) Alexandra from "Josie & the Pussycats," Marge Simpson, Patty and Selma Bouvier from "The Simpsons." (OK, they're all cartoon characters, so technically their hair is not bad, it's just drawn that way.)

9. Lucy Ricardo's hair after being trapped in a freezer. (Everybody sing, "I'm gonna wash those icicles right outta my hair ....")

8. Witchiepoo from "H.R. Pufnstuf." (A few zings with her magic wand should do the trick).

7. Jan Brady's brunette wig look. (After being laughed at by her friends at Lucy Winters party, Jan realized blondes really do have more fun.)

6. Lily Munster (Some Miss Clairol should take care of that white streak)

5. Those vintage Oprah shows where it looks like she stuck her finger in a light socket. (Please do not try that at home.)

4. Mr. Spock from "Star Trek."' (I feel your pain, Spocky)

3. Ted Koppel (I just want to see if that's a toupee or not).

2. Kramer from "Seinfeld" (Perhaps it wouldn't look so wild if Kramer didn't keep bursting into Jerry's apartment like the wind).

And, the number one television character with bad hair is...

1. Kojak (Don't worry, we still love ya baby).

No comments: