Saturday, October 27, 2007

“The Carol Burnett Show”

So much to write about this show too, that I’m going to have to do it in segments (sorry to all of you out there who hate those two- and three-parter television episodes …

One of my favorite parts of the show was when Carol would say, “Let’s turn up the lights and see if there’s anything you want to ask.” (And, of course, someone would ask her to belt out the Tarzan yell she was famous for.

There are several of Burnett’s characters that I love, but I think my all-time favorite is Stella Toddler. The aged, blonde haired, old-fashioned glasses-wearubg, slow-talking lady that Burnett played to perfection. As I was writing this, I was checking out a clip of Burnett playing Stella Toddler and I could barely contain my laughter.

Judge for yourself. You can check out the YouTube clip at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoOfXt81HTM

Who’s your favorite character from “The Carol Burnett Show,” which ran from 1967 to 1978? Reply to this post or drop me a line and let me know, and I’ll try to mention it in a future posting!

No comments: